Marketing automation is defined as the use of technology to perform marketing operations. Many marketing companies automate time-consuming operations like email marketing, social media publishing, and even ad campaigns, not just to save time but also to give their customers a more personalised experience. Marketing automation technology enhances these activities.
You can provide the appropriate content to the right person at the right time, on massive scale, with marketing automation. Internal processes might also help you achieve accuracy and consistency. Not to mention that it’s probably my favourite technology in our marketing technology platform.
How to Make Use of Marketing Automation
These days, tens of thousands of businesses use email marketing to generate more leads. They send out blast emails to their complete list of prospects and customers, hoping that the message may resonate with some of them and encourage them to buy. Is it, however, effective? It’s difficult to say.
Perhaps that works for you from time to time, but the reality is that:
- 1. You’re burning your time and money by advertising to people who may or may not be interested in what you’re offering.
- 2. You could be trashing your to-do list, or simply bothering your customers to the point that they abandon you, leaving you with no way to sell to them in the future.
In my opinion, that does not appear to be an excellent marketing approach. Or, at the very least, not one that I’d like to utilize. We use a marketing automation solution for this reason. Marketing automation enables you to nurturing your leads throughout the buying process by sending them highly targeted, personalised messages that address their individual purchase obstacles.
Consider the following basic automated email procedure as an example:
In my opinion, that does not appear to be an effective marketing plan.
- Step 1: You send a small number of people an email asking them to download your most recent ebook.
- Step 2: You thank everyone who took advantage of the deal with a thank you note.
- Step 3: After a few days, you send a follow-up email to the people who downloaded the ebook, providing them with a case study on the topic.
- Step 4: Finally, when someone downloads that case study, your sales team will be notified, and they will be able to contact them.
Put yourself in your prospect’s shoes for a moment. If you were receiving information from a company about its products or services, wouldn’t you prefer to receive emails like the ones above over blasts that you know are being sent to hundreds of other people? It has a personal touch to it. It feels custom-made for you and the way you connect with that brand. It increases your likelihood of trusting that company. Isn’t it true that it makes people more likely to buy?
So there you have it! Using an automated system, you can increase revenue for your firm.
This is where marketing automation begins. To enable you, as a marketer, to target your connections and offer them content that is personalized to their preferences. You’re providing them with the information they require at the time they require it. You’re making it easier for them to make a purchase. As a result, you’ll see an increase in conversion rates (and income).